This historic landmark was originally known as the Frances Skinner Edris Nurses home and housed the nurses for the Children’s Orthopedic Hospital.
The building was redesigned by the original architect, A.H. Albertson in 1928, and is a mix of Colonial and Mission Revival features and was constructed with all-concrete walls and floors. Even the roof is made of solid concrete! The exterior features red brick veneer and terracotta cornices, and the building is a fine example of Colonial Georgian Revival style. The interior walls were built of solid red clay tiles, plastered on both sides with concrete; and the floors were finished with oak.
The building has been renamed “Arbor Space” in reflection of the giant red oak trees lining the building’s sidewalk.
Perfect Small Office Spaces
The rooms once occupied by the nurses now make perfect small office spaces for a variety of uses! Each level also has 2 bathrooms; and the entire building, including all bathrooms, hallways and client waiting areas have been thoroughly renovated to modern standards. Each space also features new, individually-controlled electric heat, operable windows, digital keyed entry lock, free internet and a private mailbox.
Office Space Details
- Utilities included
24 Hour building access
All offices wired for – Landline and Internet
- Free Internet
- Individually-controlled electric heat
- Private Mailbox
- 6-month minimum lease
- Secure entries
- Restrooms on every floor
- Conference Room
- Parking Garage
- Visitors’ Parking Lot
- Client waiting spaces on each floor
Sink and water usage – $30/mo
Reserved Parking – $170/mo
Quiet dogs allowed
- Painting allowed
- Subleasing allowed with permission